1. GOLDTHUMB PTY LTD (GOLDTHUMB) is committed to protecting the information about you that we collect, store and use when you provide it to us on our website: https://goldthumb.com.au/
2. We manage your information in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
4. GOLDTHUMB collects personally identifiable information about you, being:
4.1 your name and job title;
4.2 your contact information including email address;
4.3 demographic information including post code;
4.4your payment details ;and
4.5when you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. We collect, hold and use your personal information for the following reasons:
5.1 assist us in providing services to you;
5.2 contact you or respond to your queries;
5.3 tailor your experience of the Site and our communications to you;
5.4 to advertise our services and the Site;
5.5 for our internal administrative, marketing and planning requirements;
5.6 to compile and report statistics, with all the relevant personal and/or proprietary information de-identified prior to the completion of such statistics; and
5.7 for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you.
HOW DO I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT?
6. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
GOLDTHUMB PTY LTD
Attention: Compliance Officer
30 Braeside St Wahroonga New South Wales AU 2076
TO WHOM WILL GOLDTHUMB DISCLOSE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
8. From time to time, we may disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) to agents and others that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, marketing and promotion, user experience research and surveys, Site hosting and support and maintenance. We will only disclose your information to the extent required for the purpose of the third party providing services contracted to us so that we may service you.
9. Your personal information will never be sold to any third party.
SITE USER EXPERIENCE TRACKING
10. We may use tracking software to review and improve your experience of our Site.
10.1. In particular, we may use Google Analytics Advertising products: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects data about our site traffic via Google Advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Data collected via these Google products is not linked with any personally identifiable information you submit while on our Site. If you wish to opt out of the Google Analytics data collection, you may do so on Google’s Site at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
10.3. We may use local storage objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences
11. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
12. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
13. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
14. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
15. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
16. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
17. In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
18. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
19. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
20. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
23. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
24. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed, however we cannot guarantee that our systems and stored data will be completely free from third party interception or are free from corruption.
25. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
26. Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
26.1. _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
26.2. _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
26.3. _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
26.4. cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
26.5. _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
26.6. storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
26.7. PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
27. It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to your personal information to ensure we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you wish to access the information we hold about you, or make a request to have your details changed, please email our compliance officer.
28. If you don’t want us to use your personal information in a particular manner, or at all, let us know. We’ll do our best to observe it, subject to our obligations at law.
AGE OF CONSENT
29. By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
31. If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS CONTACT INFORMATION
32. If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Compliance Officer at :email@example.com or by mail at:
GOLDTHUMB PTY LTD
[Re: Compliance Officer]
30 Braeside St Wahroonga New South Wales AU 2076